Rail, Air and Maritime
Projects in this sector aim at:
- Upgrading the existing transport infrastructure
- Tackling congestion in urban transport networks
- Reducing the negative effects of transport on the environment
- Supporting sustainable urban mobility plans
- Improving the quality of air and waterway navigational systems
- Providing implementation support
- Developing public service contracts
- Meeting specific requirements for interoperability, including safety, reliability, availability, health, environmental protection and technical compatibility
Typical projects in this sector
- Upgrading of TEN-T infrastructure
- Construction and upgrading of airport infrastructure
- Construction, rehabilitation, modernisation or optimisation of railway line sections or stations
- Rolling stock purchase
- Navigation improvement
- Metro or tram line construction or extension
- Integrated uban transport projects
- Construction of bridges
- Czech Republic: JASPERS has provided advisory services during the preparation of major rail schemes and provided support to the stakeholders on methodological aspects including cost-benefit analysis and advice on environmental issues.
- Romania: Assistance with project development of a number of major rail projects on the TENT-T network prior to submission for funding application.
- Bulgaria: Support from feasibility through to funding application for all major rail and urban transport projects.
- Slovakia: Ongoing assistance with the finalisation of feasibility studies, Cost-benefit analysis (CBA) and applications for EU financing for 16 rail and road projects.
- Poland: Support for a considerable portfolio of rail, urban transport and airport projects and preparation of guidelines for Cost benefit analysis (CBA) for transport projects.
- Latvia: Assistance with preparing the funding application for the Riga Freeport project which foresees to transfer port operations from the city centre.
- Hungary: Advice and support for the preparation of feasibility studies, CBA and environmental aspects for a large portfolio of public transport projects.
- Horizontal: JASPERS has provided guidance, following consultations with DG REGIO and DG COMP, on the handling of State aid and funding gap methodology in rail and port projects. JASPERS has also provided advisory support during the preparation of national and regional transport plans.